Saturday, April 30, 2011

Reality.....

It dawned on me that I may never truly leave Algonquin College.......

http://www.algonquincollege.com/kaleidoscope/documents/WallofAppreciationComments2010.pdf
I love volunteering at events!!

http://www.algonquincollege.com/acad_dev/team.htm
I've helped out the wonderful people up on the 5th floor in Academic Development & got a job out of it!

- In high school I did co-op in the first class bookstore & in the equipment room.

- I've helped out at orientations, luncheons, and many campus events.

- I'm Elaine Godin's granddaughter & Brenda Gaitens' niece.... this pretty much guarantees Algonquin is stuck with me... even after I retire.

- I've been involved with the campus since I was 6 & my grandmother would have me sit in her office and play on the computers.

- The people there are amazing, I have developed a great connection with numerous staff and students there, it's my networking core & I'll probably never give it up.


Truth be told, it's been an amazing place for me to develop my skills, meet clients, get jobs, and make friends. I'm grateful for having the opportunity to be involved with Algonquin College from such a young age and for meeting all the people there that have supported me in my career path. I am looking forward to embarking on the next step towards my career and take a business course in the Fall of 2011.

......if Michel were to read this he would probably sign his retirement papers immediately!!

No comments:

Post a Comment